If you’re looking to add some imagination to your Christmas presents this year, then Workshops of Culture in Lublin are excited to invite you to The Unique items Market. Meet artists, designers, and artisans and find unique, handcrafted items that make perfect Christmas gifts. The Market will take place on 18 December, between 10 a.m. and 18 p.m., at Workshops of Culture, located within historic tenements at Grodzka 7 and 5a in the heart of Lublin’s Old Town.
About the exhibitors
We have selected around 50 exhibitors from over 100 applications submitted during the open call. The submissions were judged on quality, originality, and format. In addition, we wanted to ensure that the stalls were as diverse as possible.
For the exhibition, we invited artists, designers, and artisans who create one-of-a-kind items. At the Unique Items Market, you’ll find jewellery, candles, ceramics, natural cosmetics, illustrations, and toys – everything you’ll need for a Christmas gift. Invented and produced locally, these items come in single versions or very limited series.
Although the event takes place in Lublin, our exhibitors come from across the country. UNHCR’s financial support also helped us invite artists who have migrated to our country due to war.
The list of exhibitors you will meet at the Market:
- WYPAL STUDIO | decorative ceramics and houseware | Biłgoraj | instagram.com/wypal_studio
- Pracownia Dzikie Wnętrze | interior decorations | Lublin | facebook.com/dzikie.wnetrze
- Home Edition | macrames| Lublin | facebook.com/Home.EditionPL
- Dmytro Krasny | drawings, analogue photos, painted porcelain | Gdańsk | instagram.com/found_objects_
- Dzikorośla | botanical stained glass | Lublin | instagram.com/dzikorosla
- Hoilmio | handmade jewellery | Świdnik | hoilmio.pl
- Manes – Ziołowe Miejsce | herbal products | Janowiec | instagram.com/manes_ziolowe_miejsce
- Vengren | ethnic-style illustrations feat. children’s themes | Lublin | instagram.com/vengren
- Lukla Studio | linocut illustrations | Lublin | instagram.com/lukla.studio
- Shoot the Sparrow | jewellery | Lublin | facebook.com/shootthesparrow
- Botaniquesilk | silk and pearl jewellery | Żółkiewka | instagram.com/botaniquesilk
- Hałyna Haiduchyk | woven and embroidered pillowcases, napkins and runners | Kijów/Lublin | facebook.com/vyshyvka.volyn
- Michał Kowalik – Twórczość tradycyjna | Wafer creations and Christmas tree ornaments | Lublin | facebook.com/KowalikFolkArt
- Clayoncy | ceramics | Staszów | instagram.com/clayoncy
- Wiesława Kucharzyk | straw items and Christmas tree decorations | Majdan Kozłowiecki | wyroby-ze-slomy.vot.pl/start
- Nokturn candles | Scented soy candles | Warszawa | instagram.com/nokturn.candles/
- Lubelskie Słoiki | chilli pepper hot sauces | Biadaczka | lubelskiesloiki.pl
- Pracownia Art Zych Joanna i Arkadiusz Zych | Flax pillows with buckwheat hulls and handmade instruments | Kozłówka | instagram.com/joanna.zych.31105
- UnicA | beaded handbags | Rubiżne/Lublin | instagram.com/unica.ua/
- Janina Wadowska | items from straw and dry flowers | Annobór
- naturalny splot | macrames | Lublin | instagram.com/naturalny_splot
- burza.k | illustrations and posters | Lublin | instagram.com/burza.k
- PoSzeptane | motanka dolls | Majdan Kawęczyński | facebook.com/poszeptane
- Potwory Flory | illustrations and posters | instagram.com/potwory.flory
- 94b hand made | natural soaps | Stawki nad Bugiem | 94bhandmade.pl
- VITA STATIVKA | original paper art prints | Warszawa | instagram.com/stativkaviktoriia_
- deus ex maszyna | toiletry bags, storage bags, pouches and scrunchie hairwear | Lublin | instagram.com/deus.ex.maszyna
- WOSKARZ | scented soy candles | Biłgoraj | instagram.com/woskarz.pl
- natka paproci | floral arrangements on glass , stained glass | Lublin | instagram.com/natka.paproci
- Kafelcoffee | handmade utensils and tiles | Opole Lubelskie | facebook.com/kafelcoffee
- Sylwia Kur | Lublin | embroidered decorations | instagram.com/_silvestris
- poduh | eye pillows and masks | Lublin | instagram.com/poduh.poduszki
- Kudyukina Kateryna | gingerbread | Odessa/Lublin | instagram.com/kudyakina
- Pracownia Struktury | mosaic paintings | Lublin | pracowniastruktury.com
- Ale Ziółko |Cold-pressed oils, teas, herbs, seeds, hemp products | Łopiennik Dolny-Kolonia | ale-ziolko.pl
- uho.studio | drawings, postcards, posters | Lublin | instagram.com/uho.studio
- insati | framed collectable photographs | Podkowa Leśna | instagram.com/insati.pl
- Powłóczeni | woolen beanies | Lublin | powloczeni.com
- Lui |covers for yoga mats, waist bags, scrunchie hairwear | Łuków | luizaporowska.pl
- Miobel Cosmetics oraz Haggja | natural cosmetics and soy candles | Sosnowica | miobelcosmetics.com
- Dominika Wilk – autorskie grafiki | Christmas cards, posters | Lublin | instagram.com/wilk_dominika
- Mirabelle | accessories for children | Świdnik | mirabelle.pl
- Sztuka Spleciona | jewellery and ornaments | Lublin | facebook.com/sztuka.spleciona
- Kovalenko.cake | gingerbread, cake-pops | Lublin | instagram.com/kovalenko.cake
- A’grafka | Lublin | Linocut illustrations | A’Grafki
Among the stalls at the Unique Items Market, you will also find Workshops of Culture, offering books published in the Wschodni Express series as well as festival accessories. Our new addition for this year is a beautiful domino game with folk patterns made in collaboration with Kilku.com. In addition, Harmony and Baagan will serve sweets, coffee, chocolate, tea, and mulled wine for the cold. Keep an eye out for them in the hallways. Or just follow your nose!
Check out our Facebook page to learn more about our exhibitors and see what they’ve got to offer
How to take part?
If you’re looking for original Christmas presents or just love things with a soul, creative design or ecological solutions, come to Workshops of Culture. The Unique Items Market is open to the public. It’s free.
Unique Items Market
When: 18 December 2022, 10.00-18.00
Where: Workshops of Culture, Grodzka 7 and 5a
This event has been organised with the support of UNHCR. The content and opinions expressed during the event are the responsibility of the event organisers and do not reflect the beliefs of UNHCR.
14 December | Podłaźniczka – an installation in Krakowska Gate
18 December | The Unique Items Market
18 December | A concert of Christmas carols performed by “Veseliki” children’s choir